Aloha Pet Parents,
My name is Michelle L. Huey, owner of Positive Paws Training Solutions, LLC. I’m a fellow dog lover who has a passion for helping people improve their relationship with their canine companions.
In order for me to be the best trainer I can be, I believe in maintaining my education by staying up-to-date with current training methodologies and philosophies. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, specifically psychology and sociology, from the University of Hawaii.
In regards to animal training, I have the following certifications:
• KPA-CTP (Karen Pryor Academy – Certified Training Partner)
• CPDT-KA (Certified Professional Dog Trainer – Knowledge Assessed)
• CCDT (CATCH Certified Dog Trainer)
• AKC CGC Evaluator (American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen)
Furthermore, I’m a member of the following professional organizations:
• APDT (Member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers)
• PPG (Pet Professional Guild Professional Member)
- To use training methods that are scientifically based on learning theory.
- To help people build a positive relationship with their dogs based on trust, not fear.
- To focus on positive reinforcement…..harsh training techniques and equipment, such as “leash pops”, choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars will never be used.
- To create an environment that is fun and rewarding for both people and their dogs.
- To teach people how to “read” their dogs’ body language for improved communication with their furry friends.
- To continue my own education allowing me to grow as a trainer.
My ultimate goal is to see you and your dog enjoying life together just like me and my dog.