My name is Michelle L. Huey, owner of Positive Paws Training Solutions, LLC. I’m a fellow dog lover who has a passion for helping people improve their relationship with their canine companions.
I’m a graduate of CATCH Canine Trainers Academy: a state-licensed, 10-phase course in dog behavior and training which included hands-on training, behavior fieldwork, mentor evaluations, and written exams. Highlighted topics that I studied were the stages of dog development (puppyhood to adulthood), behavior evaluations, and learning theory (classical and operant conditioning). Furthermore, I continue to work with my mentor, Marie Selarque, owner of Pro-Dog Hawaii. I’m extremely grateful for everything I’ve learned and continue to learn on a daily basis.
- To use training methods that are scientifically based on learning theory.
- To help people build a positive relationship with their dogs based on trust, not fear.
- To focus on positive reinforcement…..harsh training techniques and equipment, such as “leash pops”, choke chains, prong collars, and shock collars will never be used.
- To create an environment that is fun and rewarding for both people and their dogs.
- To teach people how to “read” their dogs’ body language for improved communication with their furry friends.
- To continue my own education allowing me to grow as a trainer.
My ultimate goal is to teach you….how to teach your dog…. by giving you the tools you need to better understand your dog, have a deeper respect for each other, and to enjoy the training process.